g4 titanium powerbook // sound

hi alredo

sound: does not work.

I installed a vanilla 3.1 and it worked (not so helpful, I know...)
BTW, I got an ibook, and I have alsa running. If you have alsa running
too, please check with `alsamixer' that the master channel is not muted
and PCM isn't too.
Moreover lsmod tells me I have snd_powermac module loaded.
i just installed alsa and made sure that the master channel and pcm weren't muted in the alsa mixer. i still get no sound. strange. is there something i'm missing. 3.1 was installed without any modifications. lsmod shows that snd-powermac module is loaded but it isn't being assigned to anything.
thanks again.
best regards
jason kahn