Re: g4 titanium powerbook install questions

hi alfredo
thanks for your quick reply and helpful answers..

I installed a vanilla 3.1 and it worked (not so helpful, I know...)
BTW, I got an ibook, and I have alsa running. If you have alsa running
too, please check with `alsamixer' that the master channel is not muted
and PCM isn't too.
Moreover lsmod tells me I have snd_powermac module loaded.
what is vanilla? is this a kernel variation? would you recommend
installing this. i primarily want to use linux for sound.
it seems that there is little for ppc, mostly for intel.

best regards
jason kahn