Getting Flash support on Sarge

I want to get a Flash plugin to run under Sarge.  I downloaded the source for GPLFlash 0.4.13, but upon running ./configure I'm eventually met with the error "configure: error: *** GPLFlash requires libjpeg."  I Googled for libjpeg, but all I found was jpeg-6b -- which was a few years old.  Regardless, I downloaded the source and compiled it, but I still get the same error when trying to ./configure GPLFlash.  I'm running Debian Sarge with the stock kernel on an Apple PowerBook G3 500 MHz 'Pismo'.