Re: Getting Flash support on Sarge

yeah good luck :)

I gave up trying to get flash to run reliably on my pismo a while back. At this point in time I am using the libflash-mozplugin which seems to work about 30% of the time and crashes mozilla about 30% with no result for the balance. I can't exactly recommend it.

The return of activity to the project is a good thing, ppc linux suffers badly in this area.

Nathan Thrower wrote:
I want to get a Flash plugin to run under Sarge. I downloaded the source for GPLFlash 0.4.13, but upon running ./configure I'm eventually met with the error "configure: error: *** GPLFlash requires libjpeg." I Googled for libjpeg, but all I found was jpeg-6b -- which was a few years old. Regardless, I downloaded the source and compiled it, but I still get the same error when trying to ./configure GPLFlash. I'm running Debian Sarge with the stock kernel on an Apple PowerBook G3 500 MHz 'Pismo'.

David Howe
http://www.qednet.biz
   | Your mouse has moved.                                     |
   | Windows must be restarted for the change to take effect.  |