Re: G5 owners, please test ... Re: ppc64 pseries 2.6.11-2 .deb kernel available.

    "Sven" == Sven Luther <sven.luther@wanadoo.fr> writes:

    Sven> On Sat, May 28, 2005 at 04:15:39PM +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
    >> Hello all,
    >>
    >> Thanks to the great job of Jeff Bailey and Matthias Klose, who
    >> provided a set of gcc-3.4/glibc-2.3.5 based biarch toolchain, i
    >> have managed to build a first ppc64 kernel package, which is
    >> available at :
    >>
    >> http://people.debian.org/~luther/ppc64

    Sven> So, none of you G5 powermac owners is willing to test this
    Sven> 64bit kernel, after all the time folk have been requesting
    Sven> it ?

    Sven> I have had only two reports so far, one successful on a :

    Sven>   pSeries 630, model 7028-6E4

I missed your original email, but then I was never one who missed the
64 bit kernel either ;-)

It works. But it is missing the fan control patches from the sarge
debian kernel, so my fans are going full blast.

shyamal@turtle:~$ uname -r
2.6.11-pseries
shyamal@turtle:~$ cat /proc/cpuinfo
processor       : 0
cpu             : PPC970FX, altivec supported
clock           : 2000.000000MHz
revision        : 3.0

processor       : 1
cpu             : PPC970FX, altivec supported
clock           : 2000.000000MHz
revision        : 3.0

timebase        : 33333333
machine         : PowerMac7,3
motherboard     : PowerMac7,3 MacRISC4 Power Macintosh
detected as     : 336 (PowerMac G5)
pmac flags      : 00000000
pmac-generation : NewWorld
shyamal@turtle:~$