Re: Fn key and 2.6.12-rc4

Hi,

> but after applying Johannes Bergs Fnkey patch to the
> 2.6.12-rc4 kernel I get some strange behaviour. I know the patch is not
> meant for 2.6.12, but I applied it anyway after some modifications to
> the patch (just version numbers).

I don't see what you'd have to modify with my patch, in fact I applied
the same patch to a couple of 12-rc's fine (1,2 and 3 iirc). And it
worked. Just use patch -p1 from the kernel dir instead of patch -p0 from
above.

> Pressing a key combination with the Fn
> key now in kernel 2.6.12-rc4 (example Fn+down for pagedown) doesn't work
> until a certain delay. During this delay, the event from the un-modified
> key (in this case, down) is triggered, causing first some down-events,
> then a pagedown. Anyone else experienced this?

Sorry, I haven't tried rc4 yet. Very strange behaviour though. Maybe
some input handling differs wrt. absolute events? I can't imagine
anything should have changed.

johannes