Re: Partition check

> > > Partition check:
> > > /dev/ide/host0/bus0/target0/lun0: [mac] p1 p2 p3 p4 p5 p6 p7 p8 p9 p10
> > > p11 p12
> > >
> > > Can anyone tell what did I switched off from Behn's kernel configuration?
> >
> > devfs support, perhaps?
> >
> > Does it matter? How so?
> >
> > 	Michael
>
> The matter is I cannot backup an HFS because Partition Image gives a warning
> message about "inode missing" and tells me I could create them (the inodes)
> with mknod but as I cd to /dev/, mknod tells me all hdaX already exist.

What happens if you try to mount your HFS partition manually, using the
/dev/hdaX device special node (assuming that's what is reported as
missing)? Do you have any other partitions (/usr, /home/ etc) in the
system? Do those mount OK?

Re: possible cause: it might be not so much devfs support but rather the
'mount devfs at boot time' option to it. For that to work, you'll need to
have devfsd installed and running at boot time.

	Michael