Re: Partition check

Em Qua 01 Jun 2005 08:12, Michael Schmitz escreveu:

> What happens if you try to mount your HFS partition manually, using the
> /dev/hdaX device special node (assuming that's what is reported as
> missing)? Do you have any other partitions (/usr, /home/ etc) in the
> system? Do those mount OK?

They all mount OK, the very root partition is one of the hdaX.

> Re: possible cause: it might be not so much devfs support but rather the
> 'mount devfs at boot time' option to it. For that to work, you'll need to
> have devfsd installed and running at boot time.

I am not sure about this, I didn't have devfsd installed and behn's kernel
read the hda partitions allright and I am rebooting the iMac right now and...
nope, it did not work. I'll check the /usr/src/linux/.config for any
errors...

thanks,

Gunther