Re: Wake-up from suspend time change [Solved]

On Sat, 2005-05-28 at 12:14 -0700, Adam Done wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-05-28 at 16:36 +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > On Fri, 2005-05-27 at 20:17 -0700, Adam Done wrote:
> > >
> > > I looked at mine:  GMT Delta read from XPRAM: 0 minutes, DST: on
> > >
> > > I don't knnow how to change the DST to off
> > >

> > Ok, delta is 0, so your RTC should be in UTC... there maybe some issue
> > with DST but I doubt OS X still uses that value.
> >
> > > Now, I moved the S18hwclockfirst.sh & S50hwclock.sh back into my rcS
> > > process and also the K25hwclock.sh in rc6 for now.. BUT
> > >
> > > and then typed
> > > # hwclock --localtime --systohc
> >
> > > and the times worked and stayed even when putting the pb to sleep...
> > > UNTIL... I rebooted into OS X and the times were off the -8 gmt (PST)
> > > and then booted back  into Linux to find out that the times were back
> > > into GMT.
> > >
> > > I think I keep getting my self deeper and deeper into the rabbit's hole
> > > going round and round with the dual boot. LOL
> > >
> > > I have tried using the hwclock daemon and not using it but each one had
> > > its own set of issues.  I am very perplexed.
> > >

> I have been doing some research on the net and came across this page on
> setting time.
>
> http://tree.celinuxforum.org/CelfPubWiki/RTCNoSync
>
> t gives a suggestion for a patch for the 2.6.10 kernel for syncing but I
> am using the 2.6.11.9 kernel.  I had things working with the 2.6.10
> kernel without hwclock starting up at boot time; since I moved to the
> current kernel my times have been off.  I don't know if this is a kernel
> issue or I am just off in correlating the times in Linux and OS X.

Ok, some after reading and looking at OS X and Linux and trying many
different things... and with my DST: on, I switched my /etc/default/rcS
UTC to yes and all the dates are correct upon rebooting and hwclock
stays in UTC.

I don't know if this is the correct way of achieving or is a temporary
fix but right now hwclock is in UTC and the date displays the correct
local time.  At one point it had worked just fine but something had
changed which through everything off.  It now displays the correct local
time when waking up from sleep.

-Adam