Re: Wake-up from suspend time change

On Fri, 2005-05-27 at 17:00 -0700, Adam Done wrote:
> I have been able to correlate my dates from dual booting into OS X and
> Linux to have the same date.  Now after putting the 15" PB to sleep
> using 2.6.11.9 kernel my date changes to UTC time and resets its self
> when rebooted.  This is bad because it does through off all my logs
> until I reset the time manually or reboot.  Has anyone else seen this
> before?

Hrm... Afaik, OS X is agnostic to the timezone stored in the pram (which
is obsolete). Ideally, you should clear that value to 0 and have the
real time clock be in UTC.

MacOS 9 used to have the real time clock in local time with an offset in
PRAM, and that did confuse things. With OS X, you should be able to get
it sane.

Now, how to reset the PRAM value ? Heh, I remember writing a tool for
that a while ago though I can't find it anymore :) Going to OS 9 if you
machine supports it and switching OS 9 time zone to UTC would probably
do the trick too.

Ben.