Re: Radeon 9200 SE SLow 3D Acceleration

> > Last I heard there is no 3D accel for 9200 radeons, although I get
> > considerably better fps on my ibook with the 9200 radeon.  Would a
> > xorg.conf from that ibook be helpful?
>
> I assume you're only talking about PPC? Glxgears reports 1800+ FPS on my
> i386 arch. That is with a 9200SE. And only the first XWindows instance
> gets that speed, the others are down close to the OP's speed (which
> would seem to confirm that I am seeing some 3D Accel).
>
> HTH,
> Jacob

k looks like I am wrong,  I thought 3D was supported till just before the 9200,
see
http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/ATIRadeon#head-298bd23baafb9c2fad1774d1d2fa54bd2aa55e7d
"the 8500 through 9250 are supported by the r200 DRI driver"
"The [WWW]r300 project has an experimental 3D driver for R300 and newer chips,
 with some success reported for R4xx cards and on PowerPC.
This driver needs more work, and as of April 2005 it is available only as source code from CVS. "

There's also a very complete how to at:
http://www.linuxquestions.org/questions/history/297228
3D acceleration on my laptop with ATI IGP 9200 SE U1 video card