Re: stranded Ibook g4 users

On Wed, 2005-04-20 at 13:44 +0200, Colin Leroy wrote in response to
Michael Hunt:

<Michael>
> > To fix the usb ports I have to do a cycle
> > sleep with a usb device plugged in (which doesn't cause a kernel panic
> > in this instance). This seems, for some reason, to make them to work.

<Colin>
> (again)
> That's fixed by the ehci patch there:
> ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/colin/patches/2.6.12-rc2/
> ("notably port power switching")
>
> The oopses are fixed by the three other usb patches at the same place.

Sorry Colin. Didn't mean for you to have to repeat yourself. Just trying
to clearly explain what my original problem was to Mauro.

Looks like a possible 2.6.12 kernel package[0] will be the way to go.
Now all that is needed is some help on how one goes about doing this on
a Ubuntu system. (Wasn't this what the original post was about :-))

Michael

[0] That is if all these patches get in.