Re: stranded Ibook g4 users

On Tue, 2005-04-19 at 23:47 -0600, Mauro wrote in response to Michael
Hunt:

> > The only issue I have now is that if I don't unplug my usb stuff before
> > a sleep I get a kernel panic, and if I don't have anything plugged in
> > when I resume my usb ports don't work. (I have to do a cycle sleep with
> > the usb devices plugged in in order to get them to work).
>
> How do you fix the second problem by cycling with usb plugged in if
> that's what causes panics in the first place?
>
> Seems circular.

Sorry. I think my explanation is circular. If I _don't_ unplug my usb
stuff before a sleep I get a kernel panic. If I _do_ unplug my usb stuff
before a sleep _and_ if I don't have anything plugged in when I resume,
my usb ports stop working. To fix the usb ports I have to do a cycle
sleep with a usb device plugged in (which doesn't cause a kernel panic
in this instance). This seems, for some reason, to make them to work.

Michael Hunt