Re: Problems with external flatpanel and Radeon 9000 (M9)

On Thu, Apr 07, 2005 at 10:07:35AM +1000, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> On Wed, 2005-04-06 at 23:34 +0200, Paul van Tilburg wrote:
> > However, while everything worked great with MergeFB, display detection
> > etc for the CRT display, it did not work out with the DFP I tested with
> > (a Dell 1703FP).
> > Via DDC a lot of stuff was detected, setup and configured...  (I had a
> > stretched screen and could move the mouse to the 'right' screen).
> > The Xorg.0.log looked normal and all, however, the DFP didn't seem to
> > receive a signal at all and stayed in stand-by modus.
> >
> > I was wondering:  Is this a known problem?  If not, which information
> > could I provide to find the problem.
>
> Yes, this is a known problem, and there isn't yet a fix for it, though
> it is beeing worked on.

Ok, that is good to know, then I can go on with ordering and keep using
VGA for a while then. Can I track the progress somewhere or help testing?

Paul

--
Student @ Eindhoven                         | email: paulvt@debian.org
University of Technology, The Netherlands   | JID: paul@luon.net