Re: cpu on post feb. 2005 Powerbook: patch does not work

Hi,

> > I do not know any details, but under MacOS X someone managed to write
> > a fancy program which stabilises a window (i.e. the window does not

Yeah I have seen that as well.

> It's possible that the Apple driver just puts the sensor values in the
> IO Registery in which case the app just read them there... or not.
> Another option is to do a bit of disassembling of the MacOS driver :)

That's what I thought, but I haven't really attempted to take a look yet
-- been busy with the touchpad. I'll take this opportunity to note that
I'm uploading a preliminary in-kernel driver that does nothing but
forward the relevant data to userspace to my PowerBook web-page. It'll
also get input event injection capabilities and I'm also writing a small
userspace driver for the data that will make the touchpad work crudely.
I'll then leave it for a bit -- maybe someone else can pick up and write
palm detection etc.

> No, the 2 things above are GPIOs (general purpose IO pins), that
> apparently are used as interrupts.

Can you point me to any documentation on these GPIOs? I must admit that
I've never heard of the term.

> I suspect the accelerometer can be
> configure to send an interrupt when a certain threshold is attained, and
> those interrupts are sent via those 2 GPIO pins.

That would make sense since it is supposed to be used to save the hd.

johannes