Re: cpu on post feb. 2005 Powerbook: patch does not work

On Tue, 2005-03-29 at 07:30 +0200, Johannes Berg wrote:
> On Mon, 2005-03-28 at 17:22 -0500, Marc Heckmann wrote:
>
> > works like a charm. Scaling down to 750 Mhz also works. thanks a bunch.
>
> Cool, thanks Ben. I'll be applying to mine as soon as it compiles for
> the first time (and runs). Then I'll send a preliminary driver for the
> touchpad, I think I can do that today.
>
> Jochen: You might want to add to your page that so far we don't know how
> the acceleration sensor can be queried, it is reportedly I2C but I know
> nothing else.

It seems to have a few GPIOs attached to it too... I don't know if it's
a "standard" chip, if not, then there is ways to spy i2c communication
in MacOS X by rebuilding the AppleI2C kext and adding some logging in
it, that's how I get the keyboard backlight and light sensors on earlier
models.

--
Benjamin Herrenschmidt <benh@kernel.crashing.org>