Preventing the Kernel from changing real-base and load-base

Hi,

a few month ago I posted about not being able to netboot a RS/6000 Model 7025-F50. It turned out to be a problem with the arpd of my server, so I changed the configuration on my server according to a FAQ mentioned in one of the replies. Due to some private issues I haven't been able to work on the machine any further, but I'm still not able to boot into Debian/Linux...

When I look at the output of the boot process, I notice one reboot because the Linux Kernel changes two FW-Settings, real-base and load-base. But the 2nd boot process dies with a DEFAULT CATCH (please see the attached logfile). Obviously the new settings are not useable on my machine, because every OS dies upon startup,  this includes a currently installed AIX 4.3.3. Changing the values back to their original values made the system bootable again.

Is there any chance to prevent the Linux-Kernel from changing these variables, or to set two values that won't render the system useless?

Oh, I nearly forgot: I tried several initrds from http://people.debian.org/~luther/d-i, the last one was the daily build 2005-03-25. (Well, this one got stuck in a reboot-loop, with "CLAIM failed").

Bye,
Christian Walther

The output of the boot process is:

0 > boot net
R = 1 BOOTP S = 1
Packet counts = 6484
INIT-PROGRAM: ELF-LOADER
Endian mode : Load Address = 500000
signature 0x7f454c46 : 7f454c46
class           0x01 : 1
ei_data         0x01 : 2
ei_version      0x01 : 1
type          0x0002 : 2
machine       0x0014 : 14
version   0x00000001 : 1
entry     0x02001b40 : 400060
phoff     0x00000034 : 34
shoff     0x000180f4 : 32903c
flags     0x00000000 : 0
ehsize    0x00000034 : 34
phentsize 0x00000020 : 20
phnum     0x00000002 : 3
shentsize 0x00000028 : 28
shnum     0x0000000a : 8
shstrndx  0x00000008 : 5
elf-real-mode:ffffffff
elf-real-base:c00000
elf-real-size:ffffffff
elf-virt-base:ffffffff
elf-virt-size:ffffffff
elf-load-base:4000

RESETing to change Configuration!

boot netR = 1 BOOTP S = 1
Packet counts = 6484 INIT-PROGRAM: ELF-LOADER
Endian mode : Load Address = 4000
signature 0x7f454c46 : 7f454c46
class           0x01 : 1
ei_data         0x01 : 2
ei_version      0x01 : 1
type          0x0002 : 2
machine       0x0014 : 14
version   0x00000001 : 1
entry     0x02001b40 : 400060
phoff     0x00000034 : 34
shoff     0x000180f4 : 32903c
flags     0x00000000 : 0
ehsize    0x00000034 : 34
phentsize 0x00000020 : 20
phnum     0x00000002 : 3
shentsize 0x00000028 : 28
shnum     0x0000000a : 8
shstrndx  0x00000008 : 5
elf-real-mode:ffffffff
elf-real-base:c00000
elf-real-size:ffffffff
elf-virt-base:ffffffff
elf-virt-size:ffffffff
elf-load-base:4000
 Number of program headers : 3
pheader # 1 -------------------------------------
type   = PT_LOAD
offset = 10000
vaddr  = 400000
paddr  = 14000
filesz = 319000
memsz  = 33a5e8
flags  = 7
align  = 10000
about to $sync-cache ... ... done with $sync-cache
pheader # 2 -------------------------------------
type   = unknown type of Program Header in ELF file
offset = 0
vaddr  = 0
paddr  = 0
filesz = 0
memsz  = 0
flags  = 7
align  = 4
pheader # 3 -------------------------------------
type   = PT_NOTE
offset = 94
vaddr  = 0
paddr  = 0
filesz = 2c
memsz  = 0
flags  = 0
align  = 0
exiting ELF section

exit INIT-PROGRAM: ELF-LOADER
chrpboot starting: loaded at 0x00400000
initial ramdisk moving 0x3e89000 <- 0x005a2000 (176836 bytes)
gunzipping (0x00010000 <- 0x00406c64:0x005a14fe)...

DEFAULT CATCH!, code=fff00200 at   %SRR0: 00400948   %SRR1: 0004b000