CPU Frequency -- min save value?

'ello,

I have a PowerBook5,4 and have got 1499999 and 749999 for my max/min CPU
frequencies (in /sys/devices/system/cpu/cpu0/cpufreq/).

Was just wondering, as I mostly use the machine for really simple text
editing when it's on battery power (taking notes in lectures), is it
safe to set the lower bound for CPU frequency much lower?  I imagine it
would be fine for what I want to use it for at as low as 200MHz.
Really, it ought to be capable of editing text at <100MHz.

I am using powernowd.  Just wanted to see if this was safe/sane with the
chip before I tried it :-).

bye just now,

--
Matthew T. Atkinson <matthew@agrip.org.uk>