Re: Linux on the Mac Mini -- Updated

His name is Dominic Giampaolo and his page is <http://www.nobius.org/~dbg/>.

> Thus, it is understood that the journaling OS X has is essentially beos
> or at least benefits from beos software engineers previous knowledge
> directly.

It seems that you understood me incorrectly here. What I said was that it
seems that HFS+ with journalling enabled is similar to ext3 in the sense
that they both have "hidden files" (not that hidden, of course) where they
seem to put their transactions.

Mounting a journalled HFS+ FS in Linux and deleting the journal files seems
to make MacOS X think that the filesystem is a regular HFS+ FS.

> So unless ext3 is implemented as beos, I don't think HFS+ journaling is
> related genealogically with ext3.

I didn't say in any moment that they share any code, because:

* I don't know if they share any code;
* I guess that there would be legal problems mixing ext3 code with code in
  Darwin, due to their licences.

Hope this clears the confusion, Rogério.

--
Learn to quote e-mails decently at:
http://pub.tsn.dk/how-to-quote.php