Re: Linux on the Mac Mini -- Updated

On Sat, 2005-12-02 at 14:08 -0200, Rogério Brito wrote:
> I am under the impression that journalling in HFS+ was implemented the
> same
> way ext3 was implemented over ext2, because if I mount the HFS+
> Journalled
> filesystem on a Linux system, Linux shows two hidden files that I can
> delete.

I've done some reading about this and Jobs hired a x beos software
engineer.  Can't remember his name.  Thus, it is understood that the
journaling OS X has is essentially beos or at least benefits from beos
software engineers previous knowledge directly.

So unless ext3 is implemented as beos, I don't think HFS+ journaling is
related genealogically with ext3.