2.6.8 kernel compile failing on PowerMac G4/350

I am running Sarge (official test release 2004-11-18) on a PowerMac G4/350
(new Jan 2000).  I believe this is the machine with the motherboard from the
blue & white G3s with a G4 just stuck in there ("Yikes" motherboard?").  A
couple days ago, I upgraded the kernel using the
kernel-image-2.6.8-9-powerpc.deb package from the Debian FTP site.

I installed the 2.6.8 kernel source deb that came on the Sarge distro CDs.
When I attempt to compile, the process exits abnormally as follows:

  CC      init/version.o
  LD      init/built-in.o
  LD      .tmp_vmlinux1
sound/built-in.o(.init.text+0xb68): In function `dmasound_awacs_init':
: undefined reference to `pmac_xpram_read'
make[1]: *** [.tmp_vmlinux1] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/kernel-source-2.6.8'
make: *** [stamp-build] Error 2
g4-debian:/usr/src/kernel-source-2.6.8#

The entire compile sequence (or at least the part that was captured in the
scrollback buffer for my terminal window) can be viewed at

    http://home.comcast.net/~dejonsen/compile.htm

The .config file for this compile attempt can be viewed at

    http://home.comcast.net/~dejonsen/config.htm

Just for the heck of it, a log file containing all of the boot messages,
including lots of complaining about the firewire interface (subject of a
future inquiry) can be viewed at

    http://home.comcast.net/~dejonsen/bootlog.htm

Any suggestions on fixing the compile problem would be greatly appreciated.

Dan