Re: mouseemu replacement in pbbuttonsd

On Tue, 1 Mar 2005 09:58:54 +0000 (UTC)
Joerg Sommer <joerg@alea.gnuu.de> wrote:

Hi,
following feature has been added to pbbuttonsd:
The trackpad will be reconfigured to 'notap' while typing. The old
trackpad mode is restored after roundabout 0.6 seconds. This
seems a good value to me also for people using the two finger
typing method (like me :-)) and who is not so fast in typing.

This feature is only availabe from CVS (on sourceforge.net) for
test and it is not configurable yet. This may change before next
release and depends on users feedback.

Pbbuttonsd can't replace mouseemu. Although mouseemu
uses some of pbbuttonsd original code and routines, its excellent
features can't be integrated easily. Anyway, some people think
pbbuttonsd is 'fat' enough and needs no more features. ;-)

The latest feature extension simply reconfigures the trackpad hardware
to its 'move only' or 'notap' mode. This is pretty simple but works also
with kernel 2.4.

Please test the feature and have an eye on possible conflicts with
mouseemu.

 Thanks and best Regards
    Matthias