Re: Airport Extreme via QEmu

On Saturday 05 March 2005 21:26, Wee-Jin Goh wrote:
> On Sat, 2005-03-05 at 20:53 +0100, Maximilian Gerlach wrote:
> True, but if the driver was open sourced on Darwin, it might be easier
> to port to Linux. However, since no one has does this, I doubt that the
> driver is available for Darwin.

Well, that's obvious.  If an opensource driver existed, then it would be
trivial(ish) to port to Linux.  We could see how to talk to the device etc,
and write a new driver if necessary.

I think what the grandparent meant is that the OpenDarwin folks might be in a
good place to assist with building a wrapper for a darwin KEXT module. (The
darwin and mac osx kernels are binary compatible, I think?)

> Ah well, might as well look at what it would take to make a kernel
> module
> Regards,
> Wee-Jin

Version: 3.12
GCS d- s-: a-- C++ UL++++ P L+++ E--- W++ N+ o+ K- w---
O M V- PS+ PE+ Y+ PGP t 5- X+ R- tv+ b+ DI++ D+