Re: do I need to create the bootstrap partition during install?

On Fri, 2005-03-04 at 21:20 -0500, Tamas K Papp wrote:
> I am new to debian on ppc so forgive me if this is a stupid question.
>
> I would like to have a dual boot system on a g4 powerbook (alu).
> During the install, do I need to create the Apple_Bootstrap partition
> for yaboot manually, or is it automatic (even if I choose manual
> partitioning)?
>
> Is there an advantage to making it bigger than 820k?  I seem to have
> 130 gb of space between the partition table (#1, 32k) and the OS X
> partition.  If I make the bootstrap partition, say, 1 megabyte, is it
> ok to use the rest as secondary swap or something?
>
> Another thing: should I use the rc2 image from
>
> http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/sarge_d-i/powerpc/rc2/sarge-powerpc-netinst.iso
>
> or a daily image from
> http://cdimage.debian.org/pub/cdimage-testing/daily/
>
> or something completely different?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tamas

IIRC, you will need to create the bootstrap partition if you choose
manual partitioning. Automatic partitioning will do that for you and it
allocates 1MB for the partition. I never understood what that partition
did and so I've left it at that.

I installed Debian on my Powerbook 12" 1.33 GHz using the rc2 installed.
Everything worked flawlessly. I'm just a little wary with daily builds.
Never know how stable they are :-)

Regards,
Wee-Jin