Re: Problems Playing Videos (audio track is choppy) (PB5,4)

On 20:58 Wed 02 Mar     , Matthew T. Atkinson wrote:
> I have always had similar problems playing video, with all video
> players.  The audio is choppy and video goes out of sync with it after a
> pause/resume.  Also, it seems to take up a lot of CPU time to simply
> play vidoes, which I am surprised about.
In my .mplayer/config:
vo=sdl
#ao=oss
lavdopts:idct=2

maybe you have to play around a bit and look what's best for you. mplayer -vo
help and -ao help will show you available modes.

> I can't check it with mplayer because it refuses to start:
>
> matatk@oberon:~$ mplayer
> mplayer: error while loading shared
> libraries: /usr/lib/libavcodec-cvs.so: R_PPC_REL24 relocation at
> 0x0fe9d7fc for symbol `fprintf' out of range
> matatk@oberon:~$
>
> I do have the requisite libraries installed.  Got my mplayer from:
> deb http://honk.physik.uni-konstanz.de/~agx/linux-ppc/debian/ mplayer/
I've got it from there too - without any problem! Are you running sarge?

Moritz