Sound problem on >=2.6.9

Hi,

With kernels 2.6.9 and 2.6.10 (which have introduced beeps) I have problems with the sound on my Aluminium PowerBook G4 15". (It worked very well with <=2.6.8.)

First, the sound is softer than before, for ex. now 80% of sound (as given by pbbuttonsd) is identical to 45% before.

Last, during a play (a sound file with xmms or a series a beeps) only the first sound(s), for about 0.5 sec., are loud as before (<=2.6.8), the others are soft.

I have (almost) all the packages in testing.

Thanks,
Eugen Dedu
--
Eugen Dedu
Assistant Professor / Maître de conférences