Re: gnomemeeting on ibook2.2

On Monday 28 February 2005 09:49, Cedric Pradalier wrote:
> According to Lee Braiden, on Mon, 28 Feb 2005 09:35:17 +0000,
> >On Sunday 27 February 2005 10:13, Cedric Pradalier wrote:
> >> Impossible to open the selected audio device (PowerMac Snapper) for
> >> playing. Please check your audio setup, the permissions and that the
> >> device is not busy.

> >Have you checked any of those things yet?

> Hi,
> Is this a serious question ? >;o(

Yes, it was a sincere question.  It tells you to do those things because
they're the first steps in diagnosing/fixing the problem, so it's important
that you pay attention to them, and that you tell us what you've ruled out so
far, if anything.

> By the way, seeing that I had asked the advices of the gurus, gnomemeeting
> get afraid and decided to work this morning !

Something has been changed, most likely.

> It seems to be linked to the fact that I unmuted the DRC, and set the DRC
> range to maximum. Nevertheless, with the micro above the speakers, I can
> hear that Larsen is not far. I will have to try with a headset.

So it *is* playing, but just quietly?  Can't be much wrong if you're hearing
sound of even limited volume.  Make sure your PCM *and* Master Volumes are
turned up (94% or so would be good), and you might try plugging and then
unplugging a pair of headphones, just to see if it jolts the sound hardware
into the right mode.

--
Lee.