Re: And d-i initrd images (vmlinux and initrd.gz only) available too. (was Re: New 2.4.27 powerpc kernel packages ready, please test (including nubus and apus support) ...)

Hi,

I did try the new floppy images, but due to issues with my video card
not liking any video modes that the kernel wants to seem to enforce,
I could not get those to work.  The floppy kernel images would boot my
8500, but as soon as the kernel would start to boot, the video would
disappear, and the machine would reboot a few minutes later.

I did try a couple of the initrd images, but I could not get any to
work either, probably (my guess) because you need a matching kernel
to work these ramdisk images ?  Will any of these images work with a
kernel compiled from the 2.4.27 kernel.org sources ?

vinai