Re: And d-i initrd images (vmlinux and initrd.gz only) available too. (was Re: New 2.4.27 powerpc kernel packages ready, please test (including nubus and apus support) ...)

On Sun, Feb 27, 2005 at 03:04:11PM -0600, vinai wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I did try the new floppy images, but due to issues with my video card
> not liking any video modes that the kernel wants to seem to enforce,
> I could not get those to work.  The floppy kernel images would boot my
> 8500, but as soon as the kernel would start to boot, the video would
> disappear, and the machine would reboot a few minutes later.

This is nothing new though, and was present already in the normal d-i
floppy-2.4 images, right ? Did you try the floppy ones or the floppy-2.4 ones
?

> I did try a couple of the initrd images, but I could not get any to
> work either, probably (my guess) because you need a matching kernel
> to work these ramdisk images ?  Will any of these images work with a
> kernel compiled from the 2.4.27 kernel.org sources ?

No chance.

But if you have a running linux install on it, you could try installing the
2.4.27 packages, and use quik/bootx to boot it. Should work, and this is
really the test i am after.

Friendly,

Sven Luther