Re: Problem installing on PowerMac 8600

> Don't be so sure about that. After I installed MacOS 9.1 on the box, I
> was able to mount those floppies and take a look at them. But when I
> wanted to write to them, within MacOS I just got an error message
> saying, that it won't work. Cool, eh?
> If you still have MacOS on your drive you can still go the BootX way,
> if you want to get to some results quickly.

Well, I poked around Sven's directories (even for the images he put up
yesterday) but no luck.  I found a few sets of floppies.  I downloaded
a few and I was able to see the penguin sitting with the mac, but after
the kernel loaded, my display went black, and the system rebooted about
3 minutes later.

I think my problem is that for whatever reason, my Mach 64 card does not
at ALL play nice with the kernel frame buffer drivers.  So I have to use
the "No video" setting in BootX. If the kernels on these images do force
some video mode, that might be the point of failure in my case.

Back to the drawing board ... ;-)

vinai