Re: Using MacOSX drivers from Linux

On Sat, Feb 26, 2005 at 02:30:32PM +0100, Jérôme Marant wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Noone seems to hope that Airport Extreme hardware will be
> usable from Linux someday.

Hehe, well, there is at least two projects going one, the reverse engineering
one, and the one i am thinking about which would include a hardware solution.

> I'd like to know if it would be technically possible to use
> MacOSX drivers from Linux, like it is done with Ndis-wrapper
> on X86 hardware. After all, MacOSX is based on Darwin which
> is a kind of *nix flavour and drivers on both systems might
> have similarities.

Yep. But nobody tried to go this way yet, i am not entirely sure of why
though. I think it was mentioned in previous threads about this subject
though.

Friendly,

Sven Luther