iBook G4 CDWriter and hdparm

Hi all,

this is my first message on the list so hi to everyone.

Well this is my problem. I own an iBook G4 with Debian Sid PPC
installed. Everything is working fine, but recording CDs. I only records
at 8x speed even when I add "speed=24" at cdrecord options.

I guess my problem should be solved with hdparm so I have tried to
enable I/O Support (32 bits), DMA and UDMA66. When I run hdparm like
this:

hdparm -c 1 -d 1 -X66 /dev/hdc

hdparm hangs and so I'm unable to use my cd writer 'til I reboot the
computer.

I'm using 2.6.9-powerpc kernel image. Maybe, should I have to compile my
own kernel with support for any feature? Has anybody had the same
problem as me?

Thanks a lot,

Alfonso Aguarón Turrientes
GUSLiBu - Grupo de Usuarios de Software Libre de Burgos