Re: HELP!... cant boot and cant open CDROM...

On Wed, 23 Feb 2005 00:13, Joerg Sommer wrote:

> >> [Eject CD]
> > Try power on with the mouse button pressed.
> Real? Where are such strange combinations documented?

Mouse button means skip disk in boot going back as far as I can remember (Mac
LC), but I think I've used it on a Plus as well...  I'm not sure about it
ejecting removable media, my recollection was just that it would skip the
floopy to boot off the hard drive (or the other way around if the hard drive
is default).  But I'm willing to believe either my memory is slightly wrong,
or the behaviour has changed :)

As for documentation, I'm not sure.  There used to be even more of these key
combos than there are now -- was it command-option-6 to boot the IIFX from
its built in rom image of system 6.07 so you could use the floppy for your
files? Maybe they're documented in the mac bible?

Corrin