Re: HELP!... cant boot and cant open CDROM...

On Tue, Feb 22, 2005 at 12:00:04AM -0500, Charles Read wrote:
> Hey everybody!
>
> In a REAL crunch here!  Was playing around with adding a new firewire
> drive to my PowerMac linux system, wouldnt you know a power outage
> shows up... as a result I cant boot and I need to be able to get to my
> hard drive to edit the mess ups... but I cant eject the CD drive to
> throw in knoppix or anything else.  When I try to boot I ge tthe yaboot
> welcome and can choose to boot l for linux or c for cdrom... i need to
> be able to get a disc in that cdrom... PLEASE HELP!!!

Try power on with the mouse button pressed.

--

Hans Ekbrand (http://sociologi.cjb.net) <hans@sociologi.cjb.net>

Never trust a message that appears to come from me but is not signed
with GPG! It is most likely SPAM or a VIRUS sent by someone who has my
adress and got infected.

My public key, ID 7050614E, is available from the HKP key servers and
here: http://sociologi.cjb.net/~hans/key.txt