Re: Poor suspend life on Powerbook G4 (5,2)

According to Timo Reimerdes, on Tue, 22 Feb 2005 19:04:23 +0100,
>Hi,
>
>I was just discussing Linux as an OS on my mac with a friend who is
>running debian on his iBook for ages. He mentioned that when suspended
>his iBook lasts about 5 days! Mine will run out of battery power within
>two and a half days. I am currently running ubuntu-hoary and a
>2.6.9-ppc-sleep7 kernel (2.6.9 with the sleep patch from benh).
>
>Could a current kernel increase my battery life (under OSX I can suspend
>alot longer times!)?
>
>And could someone mail me a link to either a .config usable for my
>powerbook? Or even a link to a precompiled image?
>
>That would be a blast.
>
>Other than that I am really happy with the way things work. And maybe
>one day even DRI will run ;) :P
>
>greetings
>
>Timo Reimerdes

You can try to remove usb module before going to sleep. In my experience on
my ibook, I cannot sleep one night with usb module loaded. The main reason was that usb
device must be alimented to be able to detect device insertion.

My conclusion is that you should remove usb, ethernet, firewire, sound... I don't know
which one change anything, but that's worth trying.

Cedric