Re: LCD Colours Washed-Out on PowerBook5,4

> I know it's a picky thing, in comparison to other problems, but I am
> really perplexed as to what could be causing it.  Could it be that the
> LCD boots up into some default mode and needs some special software
> interaction to set the correct colour profile?  There are no colour
> temperature/contrast controls on it, like you get on desktop monitors,
> of course :-).

Laptop screens have totally different color characteristics than CRTs.
Apple's MacOS sort-of compensates for this using the gamma table. They
have special gamma tables for pretty much every model of flat panel they
sell. In fact, we could probably extract those from Darwin and make some
sort of package for linux, if somebody volunteers...

Ben.