Re: LCD Colours Washed-Out on PowerBook5,4

'ello,

On Sun, 2005-02-20 at 09:32 +1030, John Steele Scott wrote:
> The xgamma program might be able to help you out there.

Thanks -- that has helped a bit.  Though the colours are now not as
bright they are still kind of washed out -- on my desktop's monitor
(also an LCD, so it should be a fair comparison), the Gilder theme in
GNOME looks a lot more colourful -- the background of controls is a
slightly warm, almost a bit beige/golden colour.  On the Mac, it looks
so close to white that unless you knew it shouldn't be like that, you'd
just thing it was a very light theme.  Also, web pages with light grey
backgrounds look white, too.

I know it's a picky thing, in comparison to other problems, but I am
really perplexed as to what could be causing it.  Could it be that the
LCD boots up into some default mode and needs some special software
interaction to set the correct colour profile?  There are no colour
temperature/contrast controls on it, like you get on desktop monitors,
of course :-).

Just wondering if anyone else has noticed this on their PBs...

best regards,

--
Matthew T. Atkinson <matthew@agrip.org.uk>