Re: Debian versus custom kernel

salut martin,

I strongly disagree.  Debian's kernels are good one-size-fits-all kernels,
but they definitely lack in efficiency and perfomance speed.

The difference in speed between my custom kernels and the stock Debian
kernels is like night and day. On every architecture, my custom kernels
produce a dramatic increase in perfomance.

Would you mind posting some numbers here to support your statement?
[Such as: What tasks does the system perform much faster? How much
 faster when compared to the stock kernel?]

Note that I believe that a custom kernel will be optimized better.
However, when stating a 'dramatic performance increase', it would
be very helpful to have at least some quantitative idea on how much
faster the system really gets.

bye,
Philipp Kaeser