Re: Kernel+Installer for hardisk boot on pb5300c

On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 10:06:39PM -0800, Brandon Lewis wrote:
> To whom it may concern,
>
> I'm experimenting with running linux on a powerbook 5300c. While I know
> that debian doesn't officially support this platform, i've found
> experimental support at:
>
> http://nubus-pmac.sourceforge.net/

Notice that i am working on a 2.4.27 debian kernel upload which supports nubus
kernels also, have been sidetracked with 2.6.10 and 2.6 kernel security builds
though.

Once we have that, creating a debian-installer that works at least partially
on nubus pmacs should probably not be a major undertaking, just need people
with the hardware to test and provide feedback. Major problems will only
happen on the boot-loader side i guess.

Friendly,

Sven Luther