Re: trackpad on powerbook

Howdy Sebastian (sorry if you got this multiple times),

Sometime in February Sebastian Henschel assaulted the keyboard and
produced:

| hm, i do not think so. i have scrollwheel functionality with the help of
| mouseemu (http://www.geekounet.org/powerbook/files/mouseemu.tar.gz) on
| a 15 months old Powerbook, too.
| there might be some kernel modules missing. what does your .config look
| like? is CONFIG_INPUT_ADBHID enabled?

I'm using the stock debian/sarge 2.4 kernel. This is the output
for 'uname -a':

Linux absent 2.4.27-powerpc #1 ven sep 3 09:34:51 CEST 2004 ppc GNU/Linux

Do I need to compile my own? Can you tell me how to get this information
if I didn't compile it?

| you should see some output when you "cat < /dev/input/mice" and move
| your finger on the trackpad.

Yeah I tried this on a lot of different devices and I had no luck :(.

| > I've looked around on the web and most of the pages about installing
| > linux
| > on powerbooks are pretty old. Can anyone offer any thoughts on this?
|
| does any of the reports listed on http://tuxmobil.org/apple.html help
| you?

This looks more useful that the linux-laptop.net page.

                            | /"\
 john harrold               | \ / ASCII ribbon campaign
 jmh at member.fsf.org      |  X  against HTML mail
 the most useful idiot      | / \
 What difference does it make to the dead, the orphans,
 and the homeless, whether the mad destruction is brought
 under the name of totalitarianism or the holy name of
 liberty and democracy?
 --Gandhi
  gpg --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-key F65A739E