Re: bounty for fixing ALSA's powermac driver

On Fri, 4 Feb 2005, Wolfgang Pfeiffer wrote:

> On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 03:22:40PM +0100, Jesus Climent wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 04, 2005 at 02:21:33PM +0200, Martin-Éric Racine wrote:
> > >
> > > Wouldn't it be a good idea to place a bounty to encourage Ubuntu PPC
> > > developers to get around fixing snd-powermac for all Mac PPC chips?
>
> All Mac sound chips? Because sound here, on a Titanium IV, with 2.6.8,
> stock debian powerpc kernel, works like a charm: I didn't even do a
> complicated ALSA setup: Just added non-root to the cdrom, audio groups,
> and that was it ...

There is about a dozen of different sound chips used on PowerMacs.

ALSA works as it should on some of the Mac hardware.  On other hardware,
the console beep or the mixer is broken, or the mixer controls are wrong
for your particular hardware, etc.

--
Martin-Éric Racine
http://www.iki.fi/q-funk/