PanelOff in X doesn't work

Hi,

I compiled xserver-xfree86-dri-trunk with UseFWPLL and no I have a cloned
screen. But PanelOff doesn't work. For the external screen only I use the
following section:

Section "Device"
	Identifier	"ATI External"
	Driver		"radeon"
	BusID		"PCI:0:16:0"
	Option		"AGPMode"		"4"
	Option		"APGFastWrite"
	Option		"PanelOff"
	Option		"MergedFB"
	Option		"EnablePageFlip"
	Option		"MonitorLayout"		"CRT"
EndSection

But PanelOff doesn't turn off the panel. A white light cames up from the
bottom and let the screen glow. With pbbutton I can turn off the panel
(make the background light zero)

After X shutdown the panel gets enlighted, but pbbutton doesn't recognize
this, which cause strange effects upon backlight increase/decrease.

Does anyone use PanelOff?

Jörg.

--
Das Ganze ist mehr als die Summe seiner Teile. (Aristoteles)