d-i: CD/USB image

Hi,

monday, I crashed my system and needed a rescure system to repair my
broken install. I've didn't found the file "boot.img.gz" as named in [1].

Because I didn't have mac-fdisk available I wrote the CD from [2] in
/dev/sda. Then I could boot it with
"boot pci/usb0/hub@1/disk@1:2,\install\yaboot" from the Open Firmware
prompt. I've got the yaboot prompt, but there was the end, because the
bootloader thought it was booted from a cd and searches the kernel on the
not existing cd.

Was there a way out? Shouldn't this way named in the d-i manual? It is
really easy and what is more important: you can prepare the image on a
non-ppc system.

Jörg.

[1] http://d-i.alioth.debian.org/manual/en.powerpc/ch04s04.html#usb-copy-easy
[2] http://www.debian.org/devel/debian-installer/

--
Man soll Denken lehren, nicht Gedachtes.