Re: gramofile wav format not accepted by other sound programs

On Mon, Jan 24, 2005 at 10:27:10PM +1100, Erik de Castro Lopo wrote:
> My guess is that gramofile uses its own WAV file writing code instead of
> using something proven like libsndfile:
>
>     http://www.mega-nerd.com/libsndfile/
>
> Try grabbing the the sndfile-programs package and use sndfile-info on
> the file. You can post the output here and I'll have a look.

Gramofile uses a forked version of bplay for all audio i/o, and a quick
look confirms that it indeed suffers from the usual endianness issues.
Nick, feel free to file me a bug on gramofile about this. It should be
fairly easy to fix, but I'm a bit busy right now and might need a few
days to provide a patch.

Regards,

Daniel (gramofile maintainer).