Re: NPTL -- not happening?

On Tue, 2005-01-18 at 18:09 +0100, Sven Luther wrote:

> Don't be stupid, only a few people really need NPTL stuff, and you can always
> follow testing/unstable once sarge is released.

This is a bogus argument actually :) It translates basically that "only
a few people need more performant, more conformant and less buggy code"

> > BTW, gcc-3.4 is working quite well for me. Not that
> > it should be needed though; I'd have expected glibc
> > to be getting at thread-local data via functions.
>
> Probably. There is gcc-4.0 also which i don't know the release schedule about.

3.4 branch is very stable and well behaved on ppc, it's definitely what
I would recommend for now, _even_ for sarge in fact.

4.0 is still not ready to be used by anything but gcc hackers imho :)

Ben.