Re: Last ditch on PlanB driver

On Monday 17 January 2005 08:54 am, Sean Jewett wrote:
> On Sun, 16 Jan 2005, Dylan Beaudette wrote:
> > I will try to get the planb driver working with a more modern kernel and
> > report back here when i have some spare time. also -- i am pretty sure
> > that the planb driver needs the i2c subsystem in order to function.
>
> Well, I can confirm 2.4.27, I just got it working.

[snip snip]

Great. I just installed a custom compiled 2.4.29 BK kernel from
http://www.penguinppc.org/kernel/#bitkeeper

and it looks like planb is working fine.

here is my kernel configuration:
http://fungus.ucdavis.edu/~dylan/linux/BK-2.4.29_with_planb_working.config

along with some other misc. PPCLinux / NuBus stuff:
http://fungus.ucdavis.edu/~dylan/linux/

cheers!

PS: I am interested in how stable peoples's machines are using the planb
interface...

--
Dylan Beaudette
University of California at Davis