Re: install

There was a recent suggestion to use the new sarge net installer for debian installs, have a look in the last week or so for a thread relating to help with partitioning.

When you say linux sees the ata drive, what does the kernel report? If the kernel is registering it as say /dev/hda (master) then you should be able to run the shell and partition that device.

cheers

david
Bob Schmidt wrote:

Hi All,

New to the list. I have a 9600/G4700 with 440mb of ram, an ati radeon 7000 with 64mb of ram, an ata100 card with a 8gb hard drvie attached to it, also several usb cards installed.

Here's my problem, I can get the install started with bootx, but when I get to the part of partioning a hard drive, it doesn't see my 8gb hard drive. I have set it as a master, and a slave and neither works. When it boots into linux it sees the hard drive. But when I get to the screen where I choose which hard drive to use it doesn't see it. Any ideas?

thanks,
Bob