Re: Any Debian presence at MacWorld?

I'm starting out on a PowerMac dual G5. It comes pre-formatted with the OS, and I'll probaly reformat it to my liking, but I am wondering how I can set up the partitioning. I want to use various flavors of Linux (YDL, gentoo, and debian, maybe knoppix) and FreeBSD.

a little off topic but im not sure how function freebsd is on
powerpc. you will definately have better luck with openbsd
and netbsd.

freebsd is traditionally focused on intel chips and high
performance thereon (fair enough), openbsd security, netbsd
portability.

that doesnt mean that they ignore security or performance
but thats the way they want to focus their projects. and
good on them. we can all learn from eachother.

as for different flavours of linux, its all just linux
with different installers, init and control scripts and
possbily different package management. i just stick with
debian - but im like that.

-- Joaquin

PS - forgive me if this is in HTML. I don't know how to shut that off in Thunderbird.

tools -> account settings -> composition{..}

Dean
--
WWW: http://dean.bong.com.au  LAN: http://www.bong.com.au
EMAIL: dean@bong.com.au       or       djzort@bong.com.au