[SOLVED] Re: anyone having problems with latest mplayer/libavcodec-upate?

hello again..

* Sebastian Henschel <shensche@debian.org> [2005-01-10 11:34 +0100]:
> * Guido Guenther <agx@debian.org> [2005-01-10 09:15 +0100]:
> > On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 05:01:40PM +0100, Sebastian Henschel wrote:
> > >
> > > * Guido Guenther <agx@debian.org> [2005-01-07 13:59 +0100]:
> > >
> > > for instance:
> > > http://kodeaffe.de/rahim-tux-tiny.avi (5 MB)
> > Plays fine here.
> >
> > > yes, i am using prelink and never had a problem before. totem/xine play
> > > that video just fine.
> > I had lots of audio synchronisation issues with xine and the last time I
> > tried it, but maybe that's solved now. Furthermore mplayer played many
> > more formats than any other player when I last checked but it seems
> > gstreamer0.8-misc has now almost anything ffmpeg/libavcodec has. Is
> > there altivec detection available?
>
> dunno, i fear not. i just realized that totem is not able to play
> severals files without annoying tickles of sound where xine-ui is able
> to do so. setting the gstreamer-sink from OSS to ALSA and vice versa did
> not make a difference. but that is another issue. :)
>

> > > how many and which libraries/applications would i have to re-install without
> > > prelinking? sounds like quite a hassle to me to find out on which
> > > mplayer and its direct libs depend indirectly. well, perhaps i will do
> > > that or perhaps use totem only.
> > You can automagically unprelink via /etc/default/prelink. Have a look at
> > the comments.
>
> ah, thanks. did not look into that file for quite some time and i must
> have had a mix of pre- and nonprelinked files due to PRELINKING=unknown.
> when set to "no" and a run of /etc/cron.daily/prelink mplayer plays again
> (but with another issue with green garbage i might post in another
> message).
> i reran prelinking with PRELINKING=yes and this time the error seems to
> appear for another symbol:
>
> mplayer: error while loading shared libraries: /usr/lib/libavcodec-cvs.so:
> R_PPC_REL24 relocation at 0x0f2bf680 for symbol `xvid_global' out of range
>
> do you have an idea how to fix this? ok, i can make mplayer work without
> prelinking but why does it fail with it?

i ran a _full_ prelink just a moment ago and now mplayer works with
prelinking.
so it seemed to be a problem only on my machine with a mixture of
prelinked and non-prelinked libs due to configuration issues.

thanks for you help,
 Sebastian
--
::: .O.