Re: anyone having problems with latest mplayer/libavcodec-upate?

On Fri, Jan 07, 2005 at 12:11:22PM +0100, Sebastian Henschel wrote:
> yesterday, some mplayer-related packages had been updated and today i
> tried to watch a movie:
Runs fine here of course. Can you dump the video somewhere for me to
have a look?

> # mplayer video.avi
>  mplayer: error while loading shared libraries:
>  /usr/lib/libavcodec-cvs.so: R_PPC_REL24 relocation at 0x0f31f354 for
>  symbol `faacEncOpen' out of range
Are you using preling? If so, please don't, I hat several issues with it
on ppc. There might also be a problem with a library not using -fPIC
correctly.
Cheers,
 -- Guido